Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Template Date Fields

Template Date Fields

I have been creating and editting templates and would like to know which field to use to insert the date a letter was written.

I can get todays date to appear in letter, but when I save it to a contact and come back a couple of days later and open it.... the date on the letter changes to today's date and not the date the letter was written on.

I have tried several different date fields, but just can't find the one I need to use.

Please help

James

Re: Template Date Fields

Sounds like you're using Microsoft Word.  This is an annoyance in Word itself.  You will need to edit the field code to SAVEDATE.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051861891033.aspx

Copper Elite Contributor

Amazing,

I use this feature all the time and never had this problem. I use the Word field "createdate".

I use ACT 11 and Office Word 2003

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

I have the exact same problem and this is a real pain Please some one give me a solution and don't just tell me to use SaveDate, CreateDate. I've already been their don that. Remember the problem is not a problem when I create the doc its when I reopen the doc. I need a solution that inserts the date I create the document and does not update the date when I open the doc a week later. The create date shows the date I made the template and not the date I made the DOC file. Please Help fix this major annoyance.

Thanks in advance if you can helpSmiley Happy