Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Template Customization Problems

Template Customization Problems

I'm new here, but as I look around I see many posts regarding ACT*&^*%%#. I've been with ACT since version #1, did my own customization of reports & templates and never had a problem until the dreaded rewrite back at version 2005

Since then envelopes don't print correctly & lists leave contacts out. I printed 12 delivery tickets (templates is the same since 1990) and got 9 different "letter dates" , two of them correct and no date on the other 3, one was Sept 2003 , and Lord knows what it takes to get e-mail working!!

Until v2005, I hadn't ever called tech support, now they say "we don't support modifications", well in the first 15 years they didn't have to, they worked then!

Has anyone else had these problems? and found solutions?

I tried to talk to someone in authority there but was told I couldn't, and that I should post it here because someone important monitors this site

HELP!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Template Customization Problems

What version are you using now? The report generator on ACT! 2005 and later is much better than the kludge they had on ACT! 3-6. However, it does have a significant learning curve. It would help if you provided more specific information about the problem you are having.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Did you ever get an answer or fix to the templates? We are having HUGE issues with our customized templates and I'm getting the same answer "Not able to help"
Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of the ACT! program and what kind of templates?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello,

We are using ACT! Prem for Web 2009 v.11.0.1.500. I create the templates in the web version using Internet Explorer, using our company logo, company name, address, tables, insert contact fields and save as a .TPW file name.

We are creating new Customized templates in ACT! Prem Web 2008 version using Internet Explorer with a .TPW file extension. The templates are not complicated, a company logo, inserting a table, adding fill to the tables, adding contact fields and text information. When we select Write, Edit Template, change file extension to a .TPW we can view and edit/modify the template. The huge issue that is very frustrating is when we select Write, (Other Document) from template, IE crashes or freezes, or we can view the template and all fields are a solid BLACK or just goofed up. I called ACT technical support and they DO NOT support customized templates. I have been told by several technicians that it's possible the table, or the fill or the logo. Does anyone else have this issue? Why are we able to EDIT and not WRITE?  HELP PLEASE!!!!

Act 2008 V10.3.3.182

I have a template that prints Contact name, address, phone,cellphone and today's date. I use it to print delivery sheets for contacts I have scheduled meetings for. A Tech told me that I had to have a "letter date" in my layout, sa I switched to a different layout that had  one.

For a couple of times it worked, then it printed the letter date that was the last time I contacted them, - last week or 3 years ago

Last week it printed with correct dates on all, the day befor it printed correct dates only on the new contacts, and the last time I contacted them on the rest.

I cannot get it to print the cell phone number now

This is a template that I have used since Act 1, with the continuing conversions, it worked well untill Act 2006

I know they say they don't support custom templates, but they should support questions about how to customize them, or else why say you can customize?