Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telephone number loses a digit

Telephone number loses a digit

I am encountering a problem when trying to use the dialer to phone some numbers.  This apears to be a problem with some numbers and not others, in both free form and 'blank' formats. 
When dialling 01234 567890, the 'Number to Dial' box displays the number as 0123567890, missing out that fifth digit.  Consquently the line fails. 
Any suggestions?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Telephone number loses a digit

Can you see any difference between the numbers that work and those that don't?

I recommend itTAPI as a much better dialing system from ACT!... you can download a trail to play with and see if it works for you
Copper Contributor

Did you convert your database from v6?
It used to be a known issue, don't know if it still is. I have definatley seen the issue converting to v7 and v8.

Only way to resolve it is to export data in v6 to csv then to import it and merge with existing data.

I saw your post re re-importing from act 6 I had a fairly stable act 6 on xp with outlook 2003, and dialer always worked fine. I've moved on to a vista laptop with office 2007 (don't say anything!) And am feeling sad that I had to upgrade act to 2007, just because of vista actually, I bought a new version of act, first run as a trial and have now bought a license. My supplier here in the uk says they do not support the dialer function. With 1000 contacts, I'm finding that recently entered tel no's work with dialer, but some of my act 6 imported contacts, get an error message from the telco, saying the number is not recognised. Dialer works fine with all my outlook contacts so far. Do I really have to go through the exercise you mention of exporting act6 db as csv and importing it into act 2008? If so, where could I find the exact steps I need to follow? Regards David

You might try the trial of itTAPI I posted above and see if it comes up with an error.

When you click on the Country Code button next to the phone number, is it the correct country?

Mike, thanks for posting, what time is it in Aus?, it's 5pm here in the UK Yes all tel no's have the right tel code I'm reluctant at this stage to bring in a 3rd party product as my introduction to act 2008 is so new What is your response to my two questions?

itTAPI is pretty good. I use it myself. Much better dialler and many cool functions

BTW: Did you originally bring the data from 6.0 into 2007? You could try bringing it into 2008 (make sure it's 10.01 as if fixes some country code issues)... then merge it and over wright the contacts but keeping notes, histories, etc

woops a typo, I brought it straight into 2008 and it is the latest version 10.0.0.237 I've hit the update button more than once, but it never updates to 10.1 could it be a country thing with act and their updates of software? or is there a universal version? So, I'm in my xp act6 desktop do I export as csv? how do I import and map into 2008?

10.01 needs to be downloaded from the Downloads page - http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm
As you can't have 10.00 and 10.01 syncing on the same database, they didn't want a user updating their system and rouning the IT guy's day

Make sure you get the right country and edition

Try it in 10.01 directly from ACT! 6.0 and see if it works first - just open the ACT! 6 file and it will create a new database.