Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tasks

Tasks

Hello,

I have tasks that do not show up until the afternoon (after lunch).  I used to get them as soon as I logged onto the program.

I am not alone with this problem in the office, other people are experiencing the same thing.

We are usng ACT 2007 (9.0) version.

Is there a setting or something we need to do so we get the tasks when we sign on?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you,

Nancyc

Silver Contributor

Re: Tasks

Is there any chance you are syncing your database?  Go to Tools, Synchronize Database and is Synchronize now an option?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

We do not sync the databases.  This feature used to work fine, popped up when logged onto the program.  Now, it appears in the afternoon, odd.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I am open to any others you may have.

Nancy

Platinum Super Contributor

Nancy,

I assume you are referring to the pop-up window with the Activity Alarms.  If that is correct, it should present itself each time you open ACT!.  Try running Database Maintenance (in Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair).  If that does not resolve the issue, try running maintenance through the ACTDIAG utility, here is an article with steps: KB Article 19642

If you are referring to the pop-up box to 'Roll-Over' activities, it will present itself only after the day/date has changed.  If this is the window you are referring to > check the date/time on your computers and server.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you Greg. I just did that from the server, hopefully it works.
That is something that I have not done in awhile, perhaps that is why it is not working properly. I will keep you posted when the sales team comes back from a trade show, they will be the true test.
Thank you again and have a great day,
Nancy