Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task list sort

Task list sort

I am a long time user of Act 6. I recently started with a new company in the same business so I am using my Act 6 database.  When I hit f7 (task list) and go to past, I currently have over 500 contacts that I need to work with in order of next contact/call.  In Act 6, f7 put the contacts in order of next contact/call date.  Act Pro 2011 sorts them in alphabetical order by company.  With over 500 past contacts, I must have them in order by date of the next contact/call.  Please advise on how I can change the default sort.

Thank you

Bronze Contributor

Re: Task list sort

If you click on the date column it will sort based on date or you can go and filter by date range, past dates might be another option for you

HTH

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thank you very much for your reply Paul. The problem is when I hit f7 to bring up my task list, it brings up the list of contacts according to the dates I've chosen to view  However, when I hit the create lookup icon, then detailed view, that is when I lose any ability to sort the order the contacts apprear.  In detailed view, they contacts appear in alphabetical company order.

Platinum Elite Contributor

That's correct. When you do a create lookup you are switching to a contact lookup and that sorts alphabetically by contact and can't be sorted by activity date.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I used ACT 6 for years. I have several hundred contacts that are in need of follow up, so it is particularly important to me to be able to sort those contacts from the past and have them in my detailed list in the order of when they are scheduled to follow up.  Act 6 allowed that.  It's astonishing to me that this version of Act does not have that feature!!

Any Suggestions on how I may get my previous contacts in order of follow up? 

Thank you for your help!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

You are correct about ACT! 6, it was an undocumented feature that during all the time I was in tech support I never heard of it. The first I heard about it was after ACT! 7 was released. It was an accidental feature in ACT! 6 and the later versions don't behave the same. You can submit a feature request to have it availabe in a future version.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129