Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task list lookup issue

Task list lookup issue

Greetings to the forum!

I have used ACT! off and on since its original 1.0 DOS version. Some versions were great, some not so much, but it has always been my go-to contact manager of choice for almost 20 years.

I have version 2009 (11), as updated as I can make it.

Computer has plenty of horsepower, and is Vista Home OS.

My main issue: I open ATC!, hit the task list button, then the icon for crreat lookup...all is fine. But, when I move from client to client only the top half of the window actually changes...the lower half, with Activities, Notes, History, etc. stays on client number 1.

I trolled the database looking for ideas, but nothing comes up, except 1 brief reference talking about changing hardward acceleration, but I can't find how to do that in Vista - it seems to be locked out.

Any ideas? Tips?

Thanks much!

GeneF

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Task list lookup issue

This would seem to be an issue with the video refesh, so lowering hardware acceleration could help. To adjust this setting in Vista:

- Close all open programs

- Right-click on your Desktop and select Personalize

- Click Display Settings

- Click Advanced Settings

- Click the Troubleshoot tab

- Use the slider to lower the hardware acceleration

If this setting is grayed out due to restrictions by your video driver, you may need to consult the manual for your driver or download an updated version of your driver.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Task list lookup issue

Thanks Greig...I tried that...downloaded and installed latest video driver. It's still greyed out. Wondering if I need to reset the video RAM to something larger (but I can't find any documents that describe how to do that, either).

Program is still usable, but it sure is a hassle jumping through the hoops required to see the proper task with the proper client.

GeneF