Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List not allowing to filter by Activity or Priority

Task List not allowing to filter by Activity or Priority

I use Act 2006 and Windows XP 2002 SP 3. I have had Act installed on my computer for several years and just recently began having a problem with the Task List. Once I am in the Task area, I can't filter by activity or priority. The screen just pops up totally white. Interestingly enough, my sales rep has the same problem on his computer. He is using Act 2006 also but a different laptop. We are not on a server so I can't understand what is happening.

Re: Task List not allowing to filter by Activity or Priority

Diana,

I too am having this same issue.  Once in the task list I cannot click on "types" or "priorities".  Strangely enough, my filter for "dates" still works.  When I click on the problem filters, a blank, white box appears in the upper left-hand corner of my screen. 

Have you found a solution? If so, please keep me posted.  I have my firm's technical support team looking into it and if I find a resolution, I'll let you know.

no solution as of yet and it is making my sales activity painfully slow.

Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if the 2 of you are having the same issue or not...

Dhardy, are you also seeing the little white box?

At this time, we beleive the little white box is produced from a virus on your system.  Here is a Microsoft article with more information and links to download some 'cleaner' tools, and it mentions a suspected process called 'susb.exe'.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265338-white-square-upper-corner-desktop.html

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, I show the little white box but only when I try clicking on activity types or priorities in the Task List. I don't have Vista, I already run Norton and spybot so I am not sure if that is the fix for me. Also, why is my sales staff having the same issue? We all have individual copies of ACT on our computers.

Our tech support people believe that it might be connected with a microsoft update.  No resolution yet, but they are looking into it for me.  It sounds like we may have to upgrade to a newer version of ACT!

[ Edited ]

Anyone notice how all paths lead to "sounds like we need to buy the latest version"?

It isn't a bug (XP Pro has same issue).

It likely is related to a recent Microsoft update. I rolled back and the problem goes away. I haven't taken the time to do a step-by-step update to see which one causes the bug - but then again, I haven't seen a response from Sage that sounds like they are enthusiastic about fixing it.

Maybe I am just too innocent, but if you bought an earlier version of the software and it still works and meets your business needs, why must these software companies insist on trying to upsell you on the latest version, wouldn't the honorable thing to do would be to fix the software that the loyal customers are still using (yeah I know, no new revenue to report for this financial cycle, but it is the right thing to do - no?).

Can we get a Sage answer that shows a willingness to actually support long-standing customers?

Your observation is 100% accurate.  My IT support staff diagnosed that it was a microsoft update and I can't recall which one it was.  Ultimately, they said a new version of ACT! will solve the problem.

I also agree that it is unfortunate that Sage will not support a long-standing customer.  My solution is to reluctantly transfer my entire database to our firm-provided CRM.

It doesn't have all the capabilities that ACT! offers, but at least it doesn't cost an expensive update every several years.

Platinum Super Contributor

While the specific cause has yet to be determined (other than being a Microsoft update), another Community member was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling ACT!, .Net, and SQL.  Here is a link to the post: task list dropdown for types is blank

Greg Martin
Sage