Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List - date an activity is completed

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Task List - date an activity is completed

Hello! I am using Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 2.

If I open an activity that is scheduled for a FUTURE DATE and complete that activity, the date associated with the completed activity is the SCHEDULED date rather than TODAY's date. Is there a way to set the default to mark the activity complete on today's date?

For example, I leave a message for a client and create a TO-DO activity to call back on 6/30/2018. The client calls me back today, I talk with them and document our conversation, then mark the TO-DO complete. I want TODAY'S DATE to show as the date the activity was completed.

Thanks for any advice on this topic.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mdonohue
‎06-26-2018 05:42 AM
Administrator

Re: Task List - date an activity is completed

Hi mdonohue,

While clearing an activity you can of course change the 'time' of that activity to now, but it will always automatically assume the activity went ahead at the scheduled time unless otherwise changed. I don't believe there's a way to automatically change this.

The history that is created when completing the activity will show the Date/Time of the activity as it was cleared - but the "Creation Date" column (which you can add into the history tab by clicking Options > Customize Columns) will show the date the history was created, so the ACTUAL date the activity was cleared, which could be useful info.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mdonohue
‎06-26-2018 05:42 AM
Administrator

Hi mdonohue,

While clearing an activity you can of course change the 'time' of that activity to now, but it will always automatically assume the activity went ahead at the scheduled time unless otherwise changed. I don't believe there's a way to automatically change this.

The history that is created when completing the activity will show the Date/Time of the activity as it was cleared - but the "Creation Date" column (which you can add into the history tab by clicking Options > Customize Columns) will show the date the history was created, so the ACTUAL date the activity was cleared, which could be useful info.

Thank you for replying, Jon, and confirming that I cannot change the way this currently works.