Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Task List and Calendar Problems

New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Canada

Task List and Calendar Problems

I encountered a problem today where my task list has now disappeared and all entries in the calendar from July 1st on are gone.  When I go into my contacts the Activities are still there.  They just are not ending up in the Task List or in my calendar.  When I create a new one in the Calendar or in the Task list it disappears - ends up in the contact but not on the calendar or in the task list. 

 

I have done regular maintenance on the data base - re ran all the diagnostic tools. 

 

Just for a few more details I am running Act 2009 (11.0) with all the updates.  I have CompanionLink's DoubleLook installed to sync to my Microsoft Outlook/ Exchange account.  All the appointments, calls, to-dos ... Are in the Outlook Calendar - just not found in the ACT! one.  This is a new issue just started today.

 

From what I believe I have found on the forum I may  have a corrupt task or activity.  I went through and tried to erase then re enter all the tasks / activities.  As fun and mind numbing as that was it did not help.

 

I guess my questions are:  

Any recommendations or should I just send the database in for repair?  Will upgrading to 2012 fix the issue through the upgrade?

Nickel Super Contributor
Posts: 2,486
Country: USA

Re: Task List and Calendar Problems

It is probably something as simple as a filter.  Right click in your task list and select Filter - make sure to check the users, the priorities and types.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Canada

Re: Task List and Calendar Problems

Thanks for the reply. Checked and rechecked the filters Rebooted. Checked and rechecked. No change.
Took some time but I found another post that recommended creating a new user database then moving the info over without the tasks. Worked well. Then synced with outlook and ( other then about 50 duplicates) worked like a charm. Just wish I could have had an easier fix.