Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List and Calendar Overlooked

Copper Contributor

Task List and Calendar Overlooked

When Act 2010 starts, my task list is empty, I have to manually click okay to "automatically" roll over past activities, but the list still remains blank. It is not until I double-click "select users" that my tasks appear.  Then, of course I have to click on the priority column since this and all the other previous settings are not retained.  It seems like quite a drill each time the program starts up.

When Act 2010 starts, the calendar view is also blank until I double-click on the monthly view calendar icon.

I do have the option checked "open each view in its own window" but all of the above settings are not retained each time the program starts.

Does everyone experience this or am I doing something wrong.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Task List and Calendar Overlooked

When you open the database there are certain settings that will not be retained on the Task List, it will always default back to being sorted by Date.  What other settings are you referring to?

Questions about your issue/situation:

- Do you have your filters set to display Today (or Today and Future)?

- Do you have activities schedulded for the current day before rolling over the older activities?

- Instead of double clicking on the 'select users' button, click the F5 key and see if that populates the screen (F5 is Refresh) 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your concern, to answer your questions:

I have my filter set for today.

I have activities scheduled pretty much every day.

When the program starts, the task list is blank.  A few moments later a small window opens and asks if I would like to roll over the activities.  I click yes. The list is still blank until I double-click users or press the F5 key.  Then I click on the priority column to sort.  (Then I click the monthly calendar view for it to open).

In Act 6 the program would open, all my tasks for the day were displayed in the order that I last used the list and my monthly calendar was displayed.  No repetitive clicking the mouse or hotkeys were necessary.

Platinum Super Contributor

Your Calendar and Task List views should be populating on their own.  Some additional questions:

- how many activities (not cleared) do you currently have scheduled (overall and for the current day after roll over)?

- what operating system is this running on?

- do you have your filters set to 'Show Cleared' activities?

I ask about the number of activities because when you open Act! it runs a script in the background that goes through your activities looking for Roll-Over candidates and alarms.  The number of activities can affect how long it takes to run this script and how long it will take to populate the calendar.  Even with a large number of activities the calendar should be populating by itself. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Both the calendar and task list views populate, although not automatically when the program starts (or any time thereafter) unless I manually do the gymnastics as described above.  I typically have 10 to 20 activities rollover.

Win 7 64 is the operating system, I do not have "show cleared activities" selected in the calendar. 

Thanks again for your attention to this relatively minor, although daily irritation.