Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List Report

Task List Report

In running a Task List Report, if I have more than one activity for the same contact in the same week it prints TWICE on the report.  Help!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Task List Report

Can you provide some additional information:

- What version of Act! are you running?

- Have you customized the Task List report?

- What settings are you selecting to run the report?

- What is the operating system of your computer?

By chance, have you tested the Task List report in the Demo database to see if the behavior is repeated?

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you edit the template?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I am using Act 2010 - just bought it.  Windows XP Pro operating system.  I did customize the report into a Weekly Call Report so I can show my boss where I've been with details, phone calls I have made and administrative time spent.  When I run the report, on the general tab I choose All Contacts and Include My Record.  On the Activity Tab I choose all 4 activities (default) and then a custom week.

You have a report design problem. I suspect you're trying to make it do something that can't be done with the ACT! reports.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It's been a couple of months, but I believe the only changes I made to the existing Task List were cosmetic.  I can't get the original Task List format back now to try again but as I said, I just need something that's shows my sales visits, calls & adminstrative time for the week by contact.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks so much for your help.

That sounds like a history report. Have you tried the History Time Spent report?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Actually I havn't because I have been entering all my visits, phone calls, etc. through "Schedule Activity" there is no info for the report to pull from.  But this could be great information as I probably should be entering everything through the History tab anyway.  I wish the software had come with a manual, I have felt really stupid since I bought it but will keep on plugging.  Not as technically challenged as it appears, I was working on computers as big as a smart car, using 8" floppy disks and writing programs in dbase years ago.  Do you remember a program called Visicalc?  Now I'm telling my age.  Smiley Happy  Thanks again for your help. 

For information on specific procedures, make use of the ACT! help. I find that using the index or search works best. As I said, the help is good for detail but not for an overview of general operation. Sage sells a guide but it can be intimidating. You might consider the Dummies book for the ACT! program. The most recent one is the one for ACT! 2008 but most of what the book covers is still valid. If you haven't found it yet, check out Contact | Record History.

On another note, you're just a young pup. When I started in computers it was all discrete components (no integrated circuits) and Steve Jobs was still in grade school.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Exactly.  After your last post re: the History Time Spent Report I did come across that and it seems a much better way to enter my info & pull a report.  Will try it out this weekend and probably the Dummies book as well. 

On another note, my father was a systems analyst in the mid 60's and worked for GE when their computers took up whole rooms.  He actually worked with punch cards and had a teletype in his bedroom so that if a system went down in the middle of the night he could fix it.  The teletype spit out some type of little yellow punches as well, which for a kid was a whole lot of fun confetti!  As for Steve Jobs, I guess he passed all of us up.......

Thanks Again.