Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List- Recurring and Past Tasks On Today's List

Highlighted

Task List- Recurring and Past Tasks On Today's List

Today, when I logged in I had seven tasks to do. Suddenly the list refreshed and I had 223 tasks.  Some of these tasks had already been cleared yesterday and were back again.  Some were from the future AND (complicated)  it took a recurring task for a future date, and put the task on today's list and alienated it from the rest of the recurring task.   AND, if the future task only had 2021 then I have NO idea when that task should take place because it is on my list for today and I have no future task to reference.    It's a total mess.   Please help!!!!! 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Task List- Recurring and Past Tasks On Today's List

First check that the filters have not changed to ALL

If that is not the problem

Run a Check and Repair under Tools - Database Maintenance

Highlighted

I did all of that.  It turns out that the ACT Add-on  to Outlook is causing the issue.  Once I disabled that, everything worked fine.  I will call tech support today to see if they can fix it I suppose. 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the update and glad you have found the cause..

Can you let us know both the version of ACT and Outlook as it may help others if they have the same problem?

and was this the standard add-on supplied with ACT or a separately purchased add-on from a 3rd party ?

Thanks

Chip

Highlighted

I did call ACT support and the tech was able to get it working.   I'm using Outlook 2016 and ACT 22 Update 4.  For those of you who haven't seen the handy trick.  If you click on ACT add-ins in Outlook, there are little icons that load on the left.  The bottom icon will automatically take an email and create an ACT tasks.  It is AWESOME and has saved me hours!!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I have now had 2 similar (but not quite the same) client problems with the update 4.

On both occasions a repair of Office has resolved the situation and it may well be that there was an underlying problem with Outlook that caused the problem with the ACT update.