Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List Priority Settings

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Task List Priority Settings

The default for task list priority settings allows one to choose from the following options:

Low

Medium

High

Is there a way to customize the settings for task list priority so I can have more options.  For example, I may want to five priority settings such as:

Low

Low to Medium

Medium

Medium to High

High

Please tell me if there is a way to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin Guthrie
‎12-07-2015 09:36 AM

Re: Task List Priority Settings

Hi Gary,

I wanted to let you know that I am using a remote database on my laptop.  I was able to change the settings on the server and eventually after synchronizing my remote database with the server the five different priority settings now show up on my remote database.  Thank you so much for your help.  I am very grateful that I can now set five different priority levels on the tasks that I assign.  That is going to help me quite a bit and I would not have gotten there without your help.

Thank you again!!!!!!

Take care,

Kevin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

Nope. Not without an add-in like Calendar View Plus
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302

Terry,

Thanks for responding.  I am using ACT! Pro Version 16 and I was on a live chat last night with a customer service representative from ACT! that had a demo version of ACT! Pro Version 16.  The customer representative’s version showed the exact options I was asking about in my original post.  I was given an article by a customer service representative showing how to change the options which I have attached below:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13869/kw/13869

That article guides one to go do the following:

Click the Schedule menu, point to Manage, and then click Priorities. The Manage Priorities dialog box appears.

In order to make them all active one then should be able to click the box next to:

High

Medium High

Medium

Medium Low

Low

I am set up as an Administrator with the system but when I Click the Schedule menu and then point to Manage I am unable to click Priorities because that option is grayed out.

Can you tell me what I need to do to get access to the Priorities option so I can get to the Manage Priorities dialogue box to activate the Medium High and the Medium Low priorities?

This is a critical need for what I am trying to accomplish.  If anyone can help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Kevin Guthrie

Administrator

Hi Kevin,

If this is a remote database, you'll have to perform this on the server where the main database is held.
If this is not the case, and you are certain that you have administrator privileges, then we'll have to have a technician take a closer look, I'd suggest starting another live chat.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin Guthrie
‎12-07-2015 09:36 AM

Hi Gary,

I wanted to let you know that I am using a remote database on my laptop.  I was able to change the settings on the server and eventually after synchronizing my remote database with the server the five different priority settings now show up on my remote database.  Thank you so much for your help.  I am very grateful that I can now set five different priority levels on the tasks that I assign.  That is going to help me quite a bit and I would not have gotten there without your help.

Thank you again!!!!!!

Take care,

Kevin