Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List Glitch?

Task List Glitch?

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Act Sage Premium 2009 with 7 Licenses.  Database is on a network drive as part of a University.

One of our users cannot see her tasks under TASK LIST nor do tasks/activities appear on her CALENDAR. 

We would like to figure out why she cannot see them and how this can be fixed so that her activities can appear in the TASK LIST.  She's tried scheduling "test" tasks to see if they would appear, but with no luck.  Other users in out database (myself included) can shedule tasks or activites and they appear on our TASK LIST and CALENDAR.

The user in question is listed as an Administraor.  She also is the only one in the office who works on a laptop which she disconnects each night and takes home with her.  Everyone else in the office works on PCs.  Not sure if that would matter.   

Any help???

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Task List Glitch?

When she opens the database, does she open the PAD file from the network drive, or, when her laptop was originally setup, was she given a "remote" database that synchronizes with the server.  If remote, when does she sync, how often, etc.

The next thing I'd check is if her calendar is shared with the user that cannot see it.  Go to Schedule>Grant Calendar Access and see what's currently setup - i.e. who sees what.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Hi Richad,

She opens the PAD file.  I think she tried to remotely access at one time, but it never worked out.  She logs on to the database everyday using the PAD file.  

In regards to your other question about calendar access: she is listed as an Administrator and her Access is "View and Schedule."  I don't know how to see if she is sharing a calendar with someone who cannot see the calendar.

Any other ideas?

-Ryan 

Nickel Elite Contributor

OK, I just thought of one other thing... on the actual Calendar itself - at the top of the calendar "days", but below the icon bar - is an icon with text next to it - it says Select Users.  Click that *from* the person who CANNOT see her items.  You can pick All Users or Selected Users, but I'd try All for starters.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that maybe her activities are Private by default?  But then no one would see them (except her).

Richard Brust
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

She clicked "Select All" under the "Select Users" box but it didn't work - the Calendar is still blank.  The strange thing is, I can see my tasks on my calendar.  But, when I'm in the Calendar, and I select myself AND her name (by clicking "Select Users") my calendar entries vanish.  It's like by selecting her name, she blocks data from appearing.  If I click "Select Users" again and then deselct her name and leave my name highlighted, poof: all of my calendar tasks and appointments are back and visible. 

???

-Ryan 

Silver Super Contributor

That means that she has a corrupt task in her tasks.  You will need to send the database in to database repair services or have one ot the ACT! Certified Consultants who can fix the problem take a look at it for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!