Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List Doesnt refresh

Copper Contributor

Task List Doesnt refresh

I just installed ACT 2011 on a new Win 7x64 laptop. Copied over my database to the new computer, installed, and all seems to be working very well with one exception...

When I list my activites for th day in task list, I can then click on a name and it takes me to the contact page for that contact. If I then clear the activity and go back to task list, the activity is still listed. For lack of a better word, the task list doesnt "refresh". If i then change the task list criteria (ie look up tomorrow, yesterday, etc.) and then come back to today, the activites have been updated and the activity is no longer listed. And yes, I do have the "show cleared activities" turned off.

Any ideas from the community? Mike Lazarus... where are you Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Re: Task List Doesnt refresh

[ Edited ]

One other quick note, if I clear the activity from the task list screen, it does refresh and disappear.

Platinum Super Contributor

I'm trying to reproduce the results you are experiencing, can you give some additional detail to your issue:

- Version/Build of ACT! > from the Help > About ACT! menu

- Filter settings on Task List (ex: Date = Today, Types = ?, Priorities = ?, Select Users = particular user or all)

- When clearing the activity, are you entering any details?

- How many activities are showing on the Task List?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks for your helps Greg.

As follows:

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1
English (United States)

Date: Today, Types: All, Priorities: All, Users: All (but I am the only user)

I am not entering details other than a result (ie call received, call left message, todo done, etc.)

No activities showing right now bcs/i have finished for the day. If I got to tomorrow, there are 24 activities, which is correct. The issue is that if I choose a contact who has an activity scheduled, and clear the activity from the contact screen, it will not remove from the task list. I can "force" a task list update by changing a variable in the task list (switch dates, users, activities, etc.)

One other interesting note... when i just opened ACT again, the task list was set to tomorrow (which must have been where Ieft it.) That being said, it did not populate any activities until I changed a variable. In this case I switched it from tomorrow to today, and then back to tomorrow, and then it had my activities.

I've tested a few builds of V13 but can't reproduce the Task List not refreshing after selecting a Contact from the Task List.  Just to ensure I'm using the same steps: I click on the contact name in the Task List > go to Activities > clear an Activity > then return to the Task List by either clicking on the Task List button (left column) or clicking the Back arrow.

I had seen the issue of the Task List not populating upon initial viewing with previous builds, but have not seen it with the current hotfix applied.

Things to try:

- Use 'Run As Administrator'.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run As Administrator' > test.

- Decrease 'Hardware Acceleration' (not available with all Win7 machines).  Steps:

- right click on Desktop area > select 'Personalize'

- select 'Display' > then select 'Change Display Settings'

- select 'Advanced Settings' > select 'Troubleshoot' tab

- click on 'Change Settings'

- if this option is available > move the Hardware Acceleration bar to the left to reduce (move to 2nd tic mark and test)

- select OK to close screens > launch ACT! > test

If you'd like to apply the current hotfix, here is information on downloading and installing: KB Article 27440

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg.

I took both steps you suggested, and neither resolved the issue. One minor note, which i doubt has an impact, but when I am on on the contact screen, i clear the activity by clicking on the clear activity box, not via menus (didnt even knwo you could clear via menus). It is still not populating upon opening, and it does not "refresh".

Any other ideas? By the way, new tech info is:

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 4
English (United States)

Let's see if this happens to be specific to the database. Open the Demo database (or create a new Test database), try the same steps of clearing an activity and see if the results are the same.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the idea. I tried your suggestion in the demo database, and it did not change anything. I also completed a database integrity check and reindex, and they also had no impact. Any other ideas? i feel like the fact that it doesnt update when it opens it related to not continually updating.... like some subprocess is failing to initialize.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

I did get the same problem in the demo unfortunately...