Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Task List Blue Screen of Death

Copper Contributor

Task List Blue Screen of Death

I almost always find that I can no longer get my Task List to show. If I click on Task List on the Left Hand Pane ACT! just locks up, showing a blank Right Hand Pane - occasionally with [Past/Future/etc,  Types, Priorities, Select Users] fields showing, sometimes not showing.

ACT! has on this occasion been trying to open Task List for 3 hours. Usually I give up after half an hour.

I currently have 75 tasks. I can sometimes get my Task List to show up if I close everything down and reboot - but having to do this every time I want to see my Task List doesn't class as "High Proiductivity"

My version is ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0 Hot Fix 2

I insert a screenshot below.....

Has anybody else had this problem and has anybody a fix for it?

Many thanks!

ACT Task List Blue Screen of Death.gif

Re: Task List Blue Screen of Death

You can see this issue if there is a large amount of activities or damaged activities.  

1.  Does this issue happen with other databases?  Test with our demo database.

2.  If available, open the database from another computer and see if you get the same results.

Your database may need to be sent in for repair .  Contact our support team first, they'll be able to deteremine if there's actually a database issue or not.

Copper Contributor

Re: Task List Blue Screen of Death

Thanks for this - I'll try it out. (Sometimes it locks up, sometimes it doesn't.)

Meantime, what (in this context) do you consider a large number of tasks? I never have above 200 - 300 tasks, which doesn't seem that many?

Thanks for your help.