Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tagging contacts by value / priority

Copper Contributor

Tagging contacts by value / priority

Hello,

I would like to be able to tag some of my contacts as 'high value' - the people I should be focusing on and looking after very well (remember the Pareto rule that 80% of your outcomes comes from 20% of your sources, being 20% of your contacts in this case!).

What is the best way of doing that? Do I have to add a custom field or something, or is there already a mechanism for filtering contacts by priority / value?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tagging contacts by value / priority

The ID/Status field might be good for that.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy

I'm also keeping some other information there, e.g. whether they are a partner, prospect etc.

If possible I'd like to have a separate field for value/priority and be able to filter by it (e.g. in the dashboards).

Bronze Contributor

Hi lmackinnon, I am a big fan of using the groups.  I have grouped, sub-grouped, and sub-sub-grouped just for this purpose.  You might want to consider adding a field to hold the relative value of the customer.  For example it might one of those 20% that does 80% of the  business,  but it not the top one, so you might want to consider giving 8, 9, or 10 to top 20%.  You would then search on value 10, or value 9 or greater, etc.  You could also make it a Y/N field for a quick and easy indication.

That's my 2 cents worth, and with that you get change.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Tuned Listener

You can also create a product list under opportunities to reflect those that need more attention and then track them on the Opportunity List.
Astute Commentator

"You can also create a product list under opportunities to reflect those that need more attention and then track them on the Opportunity List. "
Can you please elaborate on that?
Tuned Listener

Well in the prospect file/record you have an Opportunity Tab. Once adding an Opportunity you have the ability to create lists in the Opportunities: Process List, Stage List (I think earlier I said Product List, I meant Process). Create the list to suite your needs in determining who should come first or is most important.  Once an opportunity is added with one of those options on the list, you can go to the Opportunity List and select that process or stage to search through all Opportunities. It will bring those that match up on the list.
Astute Commentator

Sounds like a plan.

Thanks