Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tabs Question in Act 2009: How do I change back to the single-line-per-item list view?

Tabs Question in Act 2009: How do I change back to the single-line-per-item list view?

[ Edited ]

I very recently upgraded to Act! 2009. In the contacts view, I have the Tabs viewed in the bottom half of the page. I was really appreciative when I first loaded the program that under the history tab (where I have e-mails w/ "regarding & details" included, calls, and tasks included in the view) that each entry was compressed in to a single line items list view, so I can scroll through the key highlights of a lot of history, quickly before highlighting any one to view it in more detail in the preview pane to the right.

That said however, for some reason I have since been toggling back and forth between the single line list view, and the 7-8 line view per item, which in the latter view makes it very time consuming and cumbersome to find the item I want to preview. Can any one tell me how to toggle back to the compressed view??? I love this feature... and would sure like to know how to keep it active.

Thanks in advance. Del     

Message Edited by Del Roehrick on 09-29-2008 02:18 PM
Message Edited by Del Roehrick on 09-29-2008 02:20 PM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Tabs Question in Act 2009: How do I change back to the single-line-per-item list view?

I'm not sure if there is a "compressed view" in the History tab. I do know that when you go to Tools/Preferences/Email and click on the button "Email System Setup" and then go through the process of setting up Outlook (or just keep clicking "Next") and get to the window "E-Mail-Record History" you have 3 choices in the drop down. If you choose "Email only" not + Subject or + Attachments, your listings in History will be smaller. (But with less information when you select one.)
Nickel Contributor

Re: Tabs Question in Act 2009: How do I change back to the single-line-per-item list view?

I forgot to mention ----- There is a quick way to search for a specific item in all that History Tab list data.

You do a Lookup by Contact Name. Say, "John Smith". Now you have one contact record open. You then click on the History tab. Now Go to Lookup/Keyword Search and enter the word/words of the Email, letter, Activity or whatever you are trying to find. It will find all of the entries with that search word of only that Contact.

Thanx for the response and advice. I am familier with the three levels of email detail that can be recorded. The elusive "compressed" list view is exactly what I am looking for... it is great. I have done something two or three times over the last few days that toggled it on... then a couple of hours later it was off again. It must be associated with a key stroke, or(?). A couple of notes:  I have been using Act for some time, and do in fact record the subject&details... that said the compressed view I have been seeing shows the text of the subject/details portion of the individual line items in "bold" font until it is expanded. I WANT IT BACK! :-)

Thanks again for helping me think through this thing; greatly appreciated...