Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Tab button to step through fields in order they appear on a layout.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tab button to step through fields in order they appear on a layout.

Or does this happen now? Doesn't in Act9 (2007).

Having well customised my layouts the tab button no longer steps to the next field on the layout but hops around, and goes to my custom fields last or not at all.

Can be quite irritating!

2 options:

1.  When designing layouts, have a step where you can click on the fields in the order you want it to tab to next..

2. Default: Tab down all left aligned fields, picking up any shorter fields to the right, then similarly down the next column of left aligned fields etc.

Graham.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrahamS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Tab button to step through fields in order they appear on a layout.

Hello Graham,

The ability to assign tab order does exist, I believe in ACT! 2007 as well. In the Layout Designer, go to View/Tab Stops/Show Tab Stops. In this view, you should be able to assign tabbing order for your fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author GrahamS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Graham,

The ability to assign tab order does exist, I believe in ACT! 2007 as well. In the Layout Designer, go to View/Tab Stops/Show Tab Stops. In this view, you should be able to assign tabbing order for your fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

Wow Greig, that's cool! I've never seen that before, wish I had. Seems to work pretty well though the number sequence goes a bit strange after 30, guess I'll figure that out when I've got more time.

Perhaps this should be moved to the Act Forum as Solved!

It's also given me another trick in using the Memo field I created in the Contact layout to facilitate data entry as in my discussion with Jeff under Entering new Contacts, Companies and Addresses from other digital sources - www Contact page, email,....

I have hidden this Memo field under the Tabs pane of the Contact window.  Now I have given it tab #2, so it hops down to that field so I can copy a contact detail, then tabs back up to the Contact line, hiding my memo field, if you can follow that. Works for me anyway, till we get a better way of entering new contact info.

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Graham.