05-27-2008 07:46 PM
I am looking at upgrading my harddrive on my laptop (5400 rpm) to a 7200 rpm Seagate Momentus harddrive. My question is how should I back up/transfer my data on my laptop to that one once I purchase it? I have never had to upgrade a harddrive.
Thanks in advance.
05-27-2008 09:34 PM
That will depend on what applications you are backing up.
As far as ACT!:
1. File Backup - to a location on the current hard drive
2. Copy the ZIP to a CD or DVD or other external media
3. Install the new drive with Windows and ACT!
4. Copy the backup ZIP back from the external media to HDD
5. File | Restore | Restore_As