Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!

Tuned Listener

THIS IS HORRIBLE!!

Ok so I have been using ACT! 2008 for 3 weeks now and it is HORRIBLE!!! This was supposed to be a user friendly program and it's the furthest thing from it!!! The only thing that I can successfully do is import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet and form the groups/sub-groups that I would like.  I can't edit anything and I can't do anything! Not to mention every time that I call ACT! I get the run around on how to fix something.  They are never helpfull on anything that I need.  I usually give up on the support team and spend hours trying to fix something that would have taken their "trained staff" two minutes to fix.  Are there others out there going through the same thing or am I just nuts???  I am giving it all that I have to see that this program is as perfect as everyone is telling me that it is....BUT....so far I am not seeing it.
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: THIS IS HORRIBLE!!

The ACT! Help is very comprehensive but not the easiest thing to use. There are several books available on using the ACT! program that are more friendly for the beginner, the one that I prefer is the ACT! for Dummies book. For ACT! 2008 you want the 9th edition.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Tuned Listener

I have Act! for Dummies, I actually read the whole thing front to back and there are still questions that I have.  So when I give up on the book I call technical support and they give me the run around about the answer and I just get frustrated.  You would think that with such a large company they could learn some customer service.  You are the only preson so far that has been helpfull to me....THANK YOU!!!
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing

I agree with your comments.  I have used Act! since 1995, upgrading to Act! 2000 in 1999, and more recently to Act! 2008.  I have contacted Act! support regarding limitations of Act! 2008, and these issues cannot be fixed.  I can only hope that Act! 2009 addresses these issues.  I had no problems with Act! 2000, except that it does not work with MS Office 2003.  Act! 2008 does not work well, for example, in scheduling tasks, and the program overall is slow and cumbersome...
Tuned Listener

I understand that the program is designed to be able to "form" to any business that would like to use it.  I work for a Medium Sized Commercial Roofing Company.  I thought that it would be something we could easily use to track our leads and send out mailers....plus be able to do our estimates and etc.  I can't believe that Act! wants me to pay $199.00 to buy another year of support.  Didn't I just spend $300 to buy the program in the first place!!!  I wish that there were a group of people that could get together in person and just trade tips and ideas.  I am a hands on kind of person and sitting here trying to listen to someone from the "Technical Support Team" that doesn't understand 2 words that I am saying or me understand 2 words they are saying is FRUSTRATING!!!
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing

I do not get the love fest with ACT! either.  They never respond, I can't find any training and the user groups I ran into are pompous.  Outlook has the same features, work has it so I have to use it....
Tuned Listener

Well we need to get together!!!!!  There have got to be some of us that are close to eachother!!!  I need someone to sit down and be like ...."here, this is how you do it"!!!
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Copper Contributor

Where are you located?
Greater Chicago area ACC
Tuned Listener

East Central Illinois
Sarah Harrison
Royalty Roofing
Copper Contributor

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago. Drop me a line at manley709@yahoo.com. I might be able to help.
Greater Chicago area ACC