Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

TAB line is creepy

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

TAB line is creepy

Hi - I'm using ACT 9 and have been having a minor problem with the bottom half of the ACT screen display, the one that contains the History, Notes etc.  The entire line seems to migrate down every time I start the program.  I can click on and move it up and it stays in place until I close the program and then restart.  Every time I close the program and don't readjust the line it moves further down.  Is there some way to lock this line in place?  Thanks for your ideas.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobertS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: TAB line is creepy

[ Edited ]

This may be an issue with your ACT! preferences file or your video display settings.

- For the Preferences issue, please see the following Knowledgebase article:

How To Rebuild ACT! Preferences Using the ACT! Diagnostics Utility

- For the video settings:

Close all open programs on your computer. Right-click on your Windows Desktop and choose Properties.  Go to the Settings tab and click Advanced.  Check your DPI setting...if it is higher than 96, change to 96, close the Properties windows normally and reboot your machine.

Another possibility is a damaged ACT! layout.  Switch to another layout and see if the same thing happens.

Message Edited by ghollister on 12-26-2008 09:41 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RobertS
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

This may be an issue with your ACT! preferences file or your video display settings.

- For the Preferences issue, please see the following Knowledgebase article:

How To Rebuild ACT! Preferences Using the ACT! Diagnostics Utility

- For the video settings:

Close all open programs on your computer. Right-click on your Windows Desktop and choose Properties.  Go to the Settings tab and click Advanced.  Check your DPI setting...if it is higher than 96, change to 96, close the Properties windows normally and reboot your machine.

Another possibility is a damaged ACT! layout.  Switch to another layout and see if the same thing happens.

Message Edited by ghollister on 12-26-2008 09:41 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Thanks Greig.  It was the video, I am using a custom DPI size, so I guess I will live with it.