Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System requirements ACT 2009

System requirements ACT 2009

Hello!!!
I just bought ACT 2009 and I read the FAQ and the instructions found on the site, but I am still confused. Can I install it on my Mac, PC and mobile device or is it a separate license required for each device? Why does the "system requirements" on the box refer to Palm OS / Pocket PC / Windows Mobile and Sage also make separate Palm versions of the software?

I have not bought a new PDA / smartphone for this purpose, have a compatible mobile operating system? Also, the box and the site require compatibility with Windows Mobile 2005 / 5.0 but many new phones I've seen are coming with 6.0 - will it work or am I going to find a new phone with an old operating system?

Thanks for any help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: System requirements ACT 2009

ACT! 2009 Version 11 was sold by a previous owner of the ACT! program and is no longer supported. It uses a version of MSSQL that's mo longer supported by Microsoft. To run on a MAC ACT! needs to be installed on a Windows virtual machine.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: System requirements ACT 2009

For Act! 2009, the next was the ideal scenario...

1.png

2.png

... Office 2007 32 Bit - Previously installed - And at least one email account configured in Outlook

3.png

4.png

With Virtual Box you can create a virtual machine on your MAC that meets the previous scenario

The mobile devices that were compatible at that time, were to have a copy of the contact information and schedule of activities, and were synchronized by a compatible computer port - but I think now it will not be possible under that scenario

I suggest you buy an Act account! Premium Cloud with Swiftpage, in this way you can work online from Google Chrome for MAC and from Safari for iPad, iPhone and Google Chrome for Android devices  CLICK HERE  $35 USD/user/month (billed annually)

If you wish, you can access my DEMO server in the following way
WEB (Google Chrome for MAC and Windows) CLICK HERE
MOBILE (Safari for iPad and iPhone, Chrome for Android) CLICK HERE

User Name: Chris Huffman  (No Password) User Manager
User Name: Ernst Anderson (No Password) User Standard

FIRMA.png