Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System Unauthorized Acces Exception: Access to path denied --

System Unauthorized Acces Exception: Access to path denied --

I am looking for some help with an error I am getting with act. 

I am running Act 2009 ver. 11.  Vista as an operating system.  I am the only user.  I have tried several things to solve the problem.  I have created a new database, and I still get this error.  I have run act as an administrator, and I still get this error.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Act, and that didn't work.  I get the same error in the act demo database. 

Here is a screen shot of my error.  Any other suggestions.  Thank you.

error screen shot.jpg

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: System Unauthorized Acces Exception: Access to path denied --

[ Edited ]

Hello Hoeft1898,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. When are you seeing this error occur? The file named in the error message is an MRU file associated with saved lookup values. You should be able to resolve this issue via the steps in the following Knowledgebase article:

http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1453...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I get the error with all lookups.

I am unable to find the directory

Windows Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\App Data\Local\IsolatedStorage\...\AssemFiles

when I am at c:\users\wendy\  

I don't have an App Data folder....where do I find it?

I also tried seaching for the error file, but I can't find either.

Wendy

Platinum Elite Contributor

A shortcut to get to that folder is to click your Windows start button, then in the Search box, type in %appdata%

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ok...I used the shortcut and it brought me to

C:\Users\Wendy\AppData\Roaming

and my only option from there is: ACT, Cyberlink, or Microsoft.

I clicked on all of them and they opened additional folders, but nother that says "isloted storage" or "assemfiles" (according to the article)

I didn't see anything that looked like my error msg file.

Bronze Contributor

One thing you could try now that you have found the ACT folder in the roaming folder is with all of your applications close rename the ACT folder to ACTold and then relaunch ACT and see if it fixes the problem as it has for many of my clients.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.