Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System Exception doing "Restore As" under 2013 Pro

System Exception doing "Restore As" under 2013 Pro

Trying to do a "Restore As" of a 1GB single user main database.  The file to be restored (on a new computer with 2013 Pro) is a .zip file in my documents folder on the C: drive of the new machine.  I entered the new DB name, location and user name for the DB being restored.  As soon as I enter OK, I get an immediate system exception as follows:

System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown at Act.Framework.ActDatabase.ActDatabaseManager.ClassicRestoreDatabaseAs(String databaseName, String databaseHost, String databaseType, String new TargetFolder, String userLogOn, String userPassword, String zipFile, String zipPassword, ProgressEventHandler progressHandler, Boolean share Database)

at

Act.Framework.ActDatabase.ActDatabaseManager.RestoreDatabaseAs(String databaseName, String databaseHost, String databaseType, String new TargetFolder, String userLogOn, String userPassword, String zipFile, String zipPassword,, SupplementalFileManager sfMgr, ProgressEventHandler progressHandler, Boolean share Database)

at

Act.Framework.ActFramework.RestoreDatabaseAs(String databaseName, String databaseHost, String databaseType, String new TargetFolder, String userLogOn, String userPassword, String zipFile, String zipPassword, ProgressEventHandler progressHandler, Boolean share Database)

at

Act.UI.MaintenanceManager.RestoreDatabaseAsTask.DoTask()

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.  Chuck

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: System Exception doing "Restore As" under 2013 Pro

Since you mention this is on a new computer, the first thing I would try is re-copy the zip file from the original computer.  The current zip file may have been damaged.

I would also try:

- Opening the demo database (or create a new database) on the original computer > make a backup > attempt to restore it on the new computer > successful or not

- Here is an article with instructions for copying a database from one computer to another without using the backup function: KB Article 23392

(Note: Do not delete the original database)

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: System Exception doing "Restore As" under 2013 Pro

Hi Greg ... Once again you've pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks for all of your assistance.  Chuck