Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

System Crash

System Crash

My system uses Windows XP Professional.It crashes about once or twice a week and the event viewer says The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ACT7 is not valid. I have not found ACT tech support to very helpful and am trying to track down what to do about this. Microsoft's site has some informaton but maybe someone else out there can help.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: System Crash

You didn't say that you couldn't access the database, so I assume you are able to open it.  When the computer crashes, are you working in Act! at that time?  If yes, what function(s) have you noticed cause the crash?  What version of Act! are you running?

If you are running Act! 2007 or later, look in this article at steps 25 and 26 to ensure the proper services and options are enabled for SQL:

Manually Configure SQL Server 2005 (Express)

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: System Crash

I went through the steps under Manually Configure SQL Server and everything was as it should be. Yes, ACT 2007 the version I use, is running when the crash takes place.

What is the next step?

Still trying to figure out "The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ACT7 is not valid"

I asked about this previously but am at a dead end. As suggested, I went through the Microsoft SQL 2005 server settings and confirmed that they are as recommnended. The problem of apparently random crashes persists. This makes me reluctant to upgrade from version 9. If this version causes these kinds of issues, later version as best may be no better.

Thanks,

Ed

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Still trying to figure out "The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ACT7 is not valid"

Hello Ed,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued issues you are having with SQL. Please provide some additional information so we can get a better understanding of the issue:

- What build of Windows XP do you have (SP1, SP2, SP3)?

- Try opening ACT! Diagnostics (from your Windows Start menu, choose Run, then type actdiag) and on the first screen you should see some information about SQL. What is the information you see in the first 5 lines (Name, Edition, Version, Collation, Account)

- Has a complete manual removal and reinstallation SQL been done, either by you or by ACT! Support?

Also, when you called ACT! Support, were you provided with a case# or call id? I would like to see what was done on that call and why they were unable to help you. Tech Support is usually very adept at handling SQL-related issues, unless the problem is with the operating system on your machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Still trying to figure out "The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ACT7 is not valid"

The XP build I have is: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 2600

Server Name: HP59138379748\ACT7

Server Edition: Express Edition

Server Version: Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition, SP1, Build 9.00.2170.00

Collation: Latin1_General_CI_AS

Server Account: LocalSystem

Connection: LPC

The SQL has not been reinstalled. I have no case numbers about this issue so far.

Thank you for your help,

Ed

Copper Contributor

I get this warning once at each boot in the Event Viewer.  What does this mean and how to get rid of it?