Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncronize Outlook Tasks with ACT! 2013

Copper Contributor

Syncronize Outlook Tasks with ACT! 2013

Many topics on this forum, but no clear answer.

Does ACT! (2013) automatically synchronize Tasks from Outlook to ACT! without 3rd party add-ins?

A 'Yes' or 'No' would be much appreciated.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Syncronize Outlook Tasks with ACT! 2013

Yes i currently use 123 Sync but use to use CompanionLink

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Contributor

Very, very disappointing.

The answer is then 'Yes, with a 3rd party app', that we have to pay for.

This is such a basic feature, it shold be embarassing for Sage to recognize that it's missing.

Platinum Super Contributor

Are you referring to the Task list within Outlook?

Sage ACT! has the functionality for synchronizing the calendar items (appointments), but not the Task list.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

So, ACT can pretty much synchronize nothing with Outlook, despite your advertising.

Also, you say that "Sage ACT! has the functionality for synchronizing the calendar items": I'm having issues with that as well.

But I'll open a new post, here it would be off-thread.

Silver Super Contributor

ACT! syncs Contacts and Calendar entries with Outlook it just doesn't sync Tasks.  I don't know anyone that uses the Task feature in Outlook.  Why wouldn't you just put your Tasks in ACT! and keep up with them there?  Most people want to sync Contacts and Calendar entries so that their co-workers can see what they're doing and they want to sync contacts to avoid duplicating contacts.  Do you share tasks in Outlook with your co-workers?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

No, and I don't think that Tasks should be used.

But we have to install a new CRM in our system, and some colleagues use 'Tasks'.

Given that we want to use ACT for pretty much everything, and given that ACT has a 'Task' tab, I thought that an Outlook  'Task' would have been easy to sync.

One solution would be to manually convert Outlook tasks to something else in ACT.

It would require time, but we're ready to sacrifice some time for a good solution.

However, we're having issues with Calendars as well (see my other post).

Silver Super Contributor

Ok.  That makes sense.  I didn't think about the problem of switching from Outlook to ACT! if you WERE using Tasks in Outlook.  The easiest way to do it is probably to turn the tasks into Appointments with yourself and then they should sync.  I realize in your case that you are having an issue synching Appointments so that solution might not appear to be an easy one in your case.  I could probably write a Task importer for Outlook that would import the Tasks and turn them into To-Dos.  I'll put that on my list of things to write.  How many users do you have?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

I think this is not necessary.

The way Tasks were managed in our company wasn't appropriate, it would be just better to manually convert the Tasks.

The Calendar sync issue is much more important, though.

Silver Super Contributor

There is a way to reset the Calendar sync.  That might help you.  It helps when the calendars get out of sync and sometimes it helps when the calendar sync isn't working.  I'll see if I can find a KB article on it and  post a link.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com