Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncronize Outlook Calendar with ACT! 2013

Copper Contributor

Syncronize Outlook Calendar with ACT! 2013

Outlook calendar appointments do not sync at all to ACT.

I have seen that this issue affects many people, so to clarify:

1. Outlook has been installed before ACT

2. Outlook is 32bit

3. Contacts sync properly, I have just one profile

The migration from our system to ACT would require migrating:

1. Contacts (VERY troublesome if you have a rich address book)

2. Tasks (CAN NOT be done)

3. Calendar (?)

If we can't sort this out it is clear we cannot purchase such solution.

Also: considering that out of the 30-day trial it took us maybe 25 to have the contact list syncronizing, is there any way we can extend our trial version for at least a week?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Syncronize Outlook Calendar with ACT! 2013

I don't doubt that some people have issues synching with Outlook but I don't think that the majority of users do.  I had a client call me the other day and ask me if the new version of ACT! would sync with Outlook and I told him that Contacts and Calendar entries would sync.  He asked me if I should come over and set it up for him and I told him to try it himself and if he had problems to let me know and I would come over and get it working for him.  He called me two days later and said that everything was installed (it was a new ACT! install) and working fine but he wanted me to come over and help him set up his layout.  That's pretty typical for my installs.  I am sorry to hear you are having issues.  Have you tried calling technical support?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

I am sorry to hear you are having issues.  Have you tried calling technical support?

I'm evaluating the product on a trial version, and as such we cannot contact the tech support.

But we're not going to buy the program unless we now for sure that it can migrate our Outlook data.

And after many days (not full time, of course) trying to figure out how to sync the contacts I don't want to repeat such an experience.

Silver Super Contributor

Buy one copy and then call technical support to help get that one working.  If you can't get it working to your satisfaction you can return it for a full refund.  Another option would be to contact a local ACT! consultant.  They might be willing to help you get it working if you were willing to purchase the software through them once you did get it working.  If you'd like to contact me off line I can see if I can find someone who is local or who would be willing to remote in and give you a hand.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

>> Buy one copy and then call technical support to help get that one working.

That would further complicate things: here in Switzerland there's no 2013 version available as yet, so we'd have to buy the 2010.

And I did try to get in touch with one of the local consultants in Lausanne, but nobody's answering.

Silver Super Contributor

Is ACT! 2010 the latest version available in Switzerland?  I would have thought that you would have ACT! 2012 available.  If you're trying to do this with ACT! 2010 that might explain the issues you're having.  The Outlook integration was significantly improved with ACT! 2012 and then ACT! 2013 just builds on that.  There were some people that had issues getting it to work with some of the older versions.  It would work but if anything was wrong it was tricky to fix.  Here is the link on how to reset the sync.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28356/kw/reset%20calendar%20sync

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

Ok.  I think I get it.  You're trying ACT! 2013 but it isn't officially available in Switzerland.  That will probably work fine especially if you are using the US version of Windows.  I'm not as familiar with the foreign versions of ACT! but a good friend of mine who is an ACC in France is coming by for a visit later this evening.  Let me know what your exact configuration is and I'll chat with him about it and see what he thinks.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

That'd be great: Windows 7, Outlook 2007.

I tried to reset the sync but didn't work.

Weird enough:

. ACT appointments are correctly transfered to Outlook.

. if I modify them in outlook and sync, in ACT nothing changes

Silver Super Contributor

Check the bottom of this KB on how to check for errors in the Synchronization.  Check that and see if there are any errors.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26995/kw/outlook%20changes%20don%27t%20sync...!

I'm going to have to run out for a while but I'll check back later and see if you found anything.

Good luck!

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com