Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing with Act 2006

Syncing with Act 2006

I am trying to sync my treo 700wx with act 2006.  It will not allow me to do this because I am running ActiveSync 4.5 on the phone and Act only supports up to 3.8.  The Act tech person's only suggestion was to upgrade my Act software!  Any help out there?
Copper Contributor

Re: Syncing with Act 2006

Tomw wrote:
I am trying to sync my treo 700wx with act 2006. It will not allow me to do this because I am running ActiveSync 4.5 on the phone and Act only supports up to 3.8. The Act tech person's only suggestion was to upgrade my Act software! Any help out there?

Companionlink will synchronize any handheld, Palm, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and even the iPhone, to any version of ACT!. You only need to purchase it once and they provide free updates for any new PDA's released. It is available at companionlink.com. Use the code AV9500 to get $5 off.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, according to the KB, only 3.8 is supported in ACT 8.0 - http://tinyurl.com/2xr4k6

ACT! 8.0 supports 4.0 - 4.2 according to http://www.act.com/2008/system/

My personal recomendation for Windows Mobile users is Handheld Contact. It works from ACT! 6.0 and later and you can download a free trial to have a play from www.GLComputing.com.au/HHC

[ Edited ]
Mr. Lazarus is either being paid by ACT! or {no personal comments, please}. Handheld Contact may be a beautiful solution but it costs MORE than ACT! Ridiculous, and NOT a solution. Companion Link really screwed up my records. When I update a record on the phone, the next time I sync it will add the name to ACT and DELETE the phone number. It does this every time. They are telling me I have a corrupt database. Well who corrupted it? I have received a lengthy email with a number of steps I need to take to address the issue. I am not optimistic, and I really am too busy to take a few hours to do this. New problem today, the ACT email crashed (NOT a new problem, happens frequently) but this time it erased all of my stored messages in my inbox and the two key folders that store correspondence about two major projects I'm working on. It apparently is all gone -- where did it go? The program is flawed and ACT apparently doesn't care. Upgrades that FIX the problems should be free. I will not be paying anything else in the hopes of fixing this. I have contacted Companion Link, I have posted in forums here, I have emailed "technical support" (which apparently doesn't exist because I have never received a response). My only alternative is to post a warning here. BEWARE of ACT. It is unstable and you WILL lose your data if you try to sync with a Blackberry.

Message Edited by tashina on 02-19-2008 02:54 PM

No, I am not paid by ACT! or Sage, nor do I sell ACT!

I use ACT! and Handheld Contact and find it's worth the investment

Handheld Contact is NOT a solution because it addresses a problem that should be solved by ACT itself. Shouldn't the industry leader provide a way to connect with the leading smartphone platforms, i.e. Windows, Palm, and Blackberry? Why should our actual cost for this functionality be more than the cost of the program itself?

Many of the add-ons are more expensive than ACT! - I guess that the volume of ACT! sales keeps that price down.

I find it's best not to look at the simple cost, but to look at the value the solution provides to you. I now spend more time in HHC than in ACT!, so the value it gives is easy to justify.

The HHC guys are also really great with their support which means I spend less time worrying about problems and more time working.

I know when symantec did versions for PDA (Newton, CE, etc), the R&D of keeping it up-to-date as the PDAs changed OS versions was far more than that for the main product. This might explain the costs of HHC.

I will give ACT credit for attempting to fix my problems. As a result of my posts in these forums, a representative from ACT called me and helped my get back my lost emails, and took care of the registration message on startup. I would love to report that this solves my problems, but the email module has crashed again since that conversation and there is still no affordable solution for getting ACT data to my Blackberry. Again, I thank the people at ACT for their attempt to help.

I have ACT 2007 9.0 with activesynch 4.5 will IT work?

I tried to skin the cat another way with mixed results. I downloaded ACT to Outlook professional http://www.act-to-outlook.com/ and have tried syncing act 9.0 to outlook 2003 and then using activestink 4.5 synched outlook db. mixed results and i'm not done tweaking yet. I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's efforts trying this. I agree with the previous post. This is BS. Sage should provide an automatic free and fool proof utility for syncing to windows mobile devices. I was happier 10 years ago with ACT 4.0 and my palm 5x. IT may be time to finally let act go!