Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing to Google Calendar

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Syncing to Google Calendar

Hi Act Community,

I am having a problem when I sync my calendar to Google calendar in that every sync 2 appointments of the same Regarding info dated 09/11/2013 at 8:30 AM show up on my contact page in Act on the Activities tab. It is so strange as there are no appointments in my Google calendar that old. 

I have tried completing them, Not Completing them, and Erasing them. Still every sync 2 more are generated. 

Any ideas how to stop this from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidftctg@gmail.com
‎06-17-2016 08:55 AM
Administrator

Re: Syncing to Google Calendar

If the metadata files are deleted, Act will forget which activities/appointments have been previously created through Google calendar integration, and will likely be re-created as duplicates once Google synchronization has been re-enabled.

Act should only sync and create activities for Google calendar appointments that fall within the timeframe set in the Google Integration calendar advanced preferences window seen below:

Act!_2016-06-17_12-14-46.png

With this timeframe you can estimate how many activities are likely to be duplicated.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi David,

Could you please try following the steps in the Knowledgebase article below? I know the KB is for an issue with contacts, however the .metadata files also contain email sync information that might be corrupted.
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28234

Do you have any other Google accounts that you could test with if the problem persists?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply, I do have another google account, but our employees use the google calendar on their phones to see appointments, and don't have access to the other google account for testing.

Last question, do you know if resetting the Google sync (deleting the metadata files) cause duplicate appointments to be created in the Google calendar?

Solution
Accepted by topic author davidftctg@gmail.com
‎06-17-2016 08:55 AM
Administrator

If the metadata files are deleted, Act will forget which activities/appointments have been previously created through Google calendar integration, and will likely be re-created as duplicates once Google synchronization has been re-enabled.

Act should only sync and create activities for Google calendar appointments that fall within the timeframe set in the Google Integration calendar advanced preferences window seen below:

Act!_2016-06-17_12-14-46.png

With this timeframe you can estimate how many activities are likely to be duplicated.

Thank you, I will give this a try and post back. 

This seems to have worked, thank you. (I will keep my fingers crossed)

the metadata files sizes decreased too.

ACT_Database_MainDatabase_Appointments was 788 kb, now it is 212 kb & GoogleAppointments was 852 kb, now it is 256 kb.

Thanks again for your help.