Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing remote and master database

jpk

Syncing remote and master database

I am not new to this, been doing it for years.  Last october upgraded to 2012, everything was great.  laptop crashed, installed master db on new laptop, created new remote and installed that.  now the databses willnot sync.  using same network we have been using all long.  i have checked all my settings and sync is on and sync set is built.

any ideas????/

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Syncing remote and master database

Is it possible that you have a firewall on your new laptop blocking the sync port activity?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
jpk

it is a company computer, but same as the last.  I would not think so, but how do I check?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Or the new machine has a different name and the sync is still looking for the old one
jpk

thanks, I checked that already too. I have alos checked the firewall, act is on the approved list of programs. Don't know what else to look at.

What error do you get?
What is the exact version of ACT! (from Help | about)?
Are they all running the same build?
jpk

build is 14.1.108.0 thought that might be a problem as well because initially the remote version was not updated. but we have updatedd it as well and still wont work. Message says "act! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure accept incoming sync is enabled in the main database and that the network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connect to your network. Contact your administrator for assistance". is the message on the remote machine.

Thanks for your help.
Bronze Contributor

ACT might be on the list but you will also need to manually insert the SQL and the ports for the synch service often. There is a KB article on this topic.

Another option is if you have the machine name in the "manage connection" information try changing this to the IP address of the server machien

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Have you checked "accept incoming sync" is on?
Can you Telnet from the remote to the server on the sync port?
jpk

How do I telnet?