Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing Multiple User Activities With Phone

Astute Commentator

Syncing Multiple User Activities With Phone

I would like to know if it's possible to sync multiple users activities with a phone.

My Setup

Here's my setup:

•   Small business with two employees (myself, my wife) with single database.
  •   Both of us have notebooks computers with ACT, and it syncs to the master Db on our file server.
  •   Both of us have PalmPro phones that sync to the ACT Db on each of our notebooks using ActiveSync (Windows Mobile 6) and Act Link (PocketPC).
  •   We are running ACT 2009 (11)
  •   We have been using just one user ID for the Db thus far, however after having problems with duplication errors we're going to shift over to having 2 users since that might help the Db avoid duplication errors.

The Problem - We Want To See Each Other's Calendars On Our Phones

The problem with 2 users is that we like to have the ability to view each other's calendars on our phones so we can schedule each other.  So is there a way for me to setup a sync with my phone so that my activities and my wife's activities get transfered to my phone, and do the same setup for my wife's phone?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Syncing Multiple User Activities With Phone

Hello Sucia,

When syncing activities to your phone, you can only sync those items to your phone calendar that are associated with the user login that was used when setting up the database connection via ACT! Link for PPC (during the install).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.