Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Syncing Act 19.1 with Outlook 2010 Erasing Emails

Syncing Act 19.1 with Outlook 2010 Erasing Emails

[ Edited ]

Good day... My Email addresses keep getting erased from both Outlook and Act. I believe it is during the sync process. Not all of them, they are random which is difficult to put a finger on. Also they seem random in that the same contact is not always impacted. The only thing changing is the email address. I do 98% of my data entry in ACT very little in Outlook. Outlook data is under MS Exchange Server 2003 (not my doing on the age of ES) My Sync settings are attached. Russ

Russ
Administrator

Re: Syncing Act 19.1 with Outlook 2010 Erasing Emails

Hi Russ,

Please could you confirm what exactly is happening here. Are you saying that the email address field within a contact in Act! is becoming blank after a sync with Outlook occurs?
Have you added any custom email address fields to your contact layout?

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary,

Yes, the email field becomes blank. Of course the Outlook field is also blank too then.

I have not set up any custom emails I am running the base program.

Very random in it's actions though. Not all emails only select few and rarely the same ones that I can tell.

Russ

Russ
Administrator

Hi Russ,

Are you using any other third-party Outlook connections which could be modifying your contact data externally, and then this is being synced back to Outlook and then Act?

I think it might be a good idea to do some more in-depth troubleshooting over the phone for this particular issue. If you have a subscription or support contract, I'd suggest giving us a call and speaking to one of our support team.