Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing with remote database - data missing

Synchronizing with remote database - data missing

It appears as if not all the data is synchronized correctly. I am using a remote database synching with the main database. I am not getting an error message.

It appears as if some contact information (Address for example) does not get synchronized. Sales opps and history no problem.

Re: Synchronizing with remote database - data missing

It is helpful if you can provide your ACT! version number, operating system, and any other details on what you were doing when the problem occured, so that our members can more easily assist you.

Try running database maitenance on both sides.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Windows XP

The main database runs on a SBS 2003. The remote database on Windows XP. I am not getting any error messages when synchronizing. Edit made on the main database by one of our staff people, after I synch my remote database I miss some data that did not get synchronized. I have this one contact (one  that I am aware of) where the history and sales opps are looking fine - address information does not get synchronized.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
I am having the same issue and posted it to the subject:

Act 08 w/multi remote users, fields showing blank for some users, even after multiple synchs

We are using ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182 with Windows XP version 5.1.  We have done DB check and repair on the main database and all remote databases but the issue persists.  As my other post says, it is happening with contacts pulled in through Address Grabber Standard 2008, but because of the reasons listed in my post I don't think that is the issue.

You have helped me before with other issues and I'm hoping you (or someone) can help me again!!

Message Edited by vPSI on 09-26-2008 10:04 AM

I am having a problem with missing data after SYNCH with 2 PCs also

BOTH PCs have the same version:   ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 5

Master Dbase    Win-7 

Remote Dbase  Win-Vista

the (complete) data shows up on the master, whereas some of the data (contacts) are missing on the remote.

I tried several times to create/recreate the remote Dbase - but it doesn't help.

Even though the complete (all) contacts are on the Master, the subscription list shows only the data on the remote.

I tried also several times to reset the subscription-list also - but it doesn't help either.

Maybe I need to reset the SQLserver?

Any help is appreciated. thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Coasty,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This sounds like an issue with the criteria you have created for the remote.  If the desire was for all contacts to sync to the remote, did you create and select a sync set specifying 'All Contacts'?

Greg Martin
Sage

hi Greg, thanks for getting back so quickly.

yes, I have created a NEW synchset with ALL contacts selected.

(the remote database is missing several hundred records).

thanks for any advise.

Platinum Super Contributor

Another thought - are you signing onto both databases with the same username? The username for the remote may not have access to all of the contacts that the admin has...
Greg Martin
Sage

thanks yours.

the master Dbase (synch role: publisher) has the complete contacts.

the remote Dbase (synch role: subscriber) is missing ~ 400 contacts.

when setting up SynchSet contacts = ALL contacts are there. (option ALL contacts selected).

however the subscriptionLIST on the master Dbase shows the number of contacts /status of the remote,

i.e. the subscriptionLIST already has the 400 contacts missing.

BOTH users (master and remote) are setup as Administrators.

any thoughts?

following additional discovery:

adding NEW contact on the master (publisher), adds them on the remote (subsriber Dbase).

adding NEW contacts on the remote (subscriber), adds them also on the master (publisher) Dbase,

however contacts do NOT show up on the master (publisher) dbase if the record MANAGER is the remote (subsriber) user.

does this give any additional hint?