Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing records and updates crazy

Copper Super Contributor

Synchronizing records and updates crazy

When I create a remote database and sync it for the first time, which I have done many, many times, now, suddently, when it gets to "Synchronizing records and updates, it shows that over 11,000 are to be so synced with a total transfer of several hundred megs.  I have in the server database about 2400 records and the size of the whole database is well under several hundred megs.

Exactly the same thing happens with my other remote database.

Anyway, since this is the first sync of a newly created remote, there should be few if any records to be synced.

I have synced this same database hundreds if not thousands of times previously with no similar trouble.

What is wrong?   What should I do?

This is, I submit an Act bug.  I expect Sage to do the responsible thing and help me resolve it promptly.

Roger

Silver Contributor

Re: Synchronizing records and updates crazy

You don't mention what version or build of ACT you have but make sure you are on the latest version of the software.

Second, the number of records it is telling you it has to sync are not actual records in the database, so don't believe those numbers, they don't directly correlate to number of contacts.

There was a patch issued I believe for this type of behavior. If you list your database build under help, about, we can direct you to the correct patch.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also useful to know if you're syncing to a phone, Google or Outlook ...

[Edit: syntax correction]

Copper Super Contributor

I am running Act 2012 SP1.  I'll look at the hot fixes.

I am having the same problem also.

I am using ACT 2012 SP1 HF3, I have reindexed the databases ( both main and remote),reparied sync objects, edited the actsage.exe.config file.

I am syncing via desktop ( win7) to server ( 2008r2).

I have removed and reinstalled the application and sync server several times. I even went as far as building a completely bare server to host act and the situation stays the same.

We have been using ACT since the golden days of sending sync packs via email.

I have followed every article in the knowledgebase, our database states it is syncing xx of over 200k.

At wits end here.

Bruce

Copper Super Contributor

I got my answer. I was also using Act Connect. Somehow that application reset all my records as needing to be synced. When I uninstalled that program, my troubles disappeared.

sadly, we are not using ACT Connect. We just installed and upgraded on April 20th and I was told tonight by act support that the free 30 day support period does not cover sync problems. Seems an easy way to upcharge for support when it worked fine preior to ACT 2012.

I am glad yours is working..

Bruce
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sage's support is terrible.  In particular, they pretty much refuse to provide support when addressing the bugs in their own product.  Aloo they want is money...money...money, which they think is a prerequisit to even minimal service.

Platinum Super Contributor

Bnewton,

There was an issue with sync introduced by a hot fix; your issue may be addressed by this article: KB Article 28293

Greg Martin
Sage

Greg,

we have tried the bat files on schedule to no avail..

ACT Support has sent a new file to try on the server and the clients tonight, after we ponied up for a 1 year service plan.