10-29-2009 12:09 PM
Hello Mr. Welsh,
Welcome to the ACT Online Community. Please provide some additonal information to help you with this issue:
- What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help/About ACT!)
- What version of Outlook are you using?
- Do recurring activities transfer from ACT! to Outlook?
- Are the one-time calendar items in Outlook transferring successfully to ACT!
* Please note that recurring activities will only show in the calendar view, not the Task List (except for the most recent occurence of the activity). Also try changing your Select Users calendar filter to "All Users" and see if the activities show up.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
01-07-2010 01:13 PM
Good evening Mr. Hollister-
I have never come to a forum such as this and hope my inexperience doesn't cause you any heartache. I am having some issues with moving Outlook activities to ACT and vice versa. On Monday, January 4, I followed the user guide instructions from my ACT 2007 to Outlook 2003, and some undated tasks in Outlook sucessfully attached to my calendar page for January 4. So far so good. However, Outlook calendar items from March did not make the jump. Additionally, no other Outlook task items made the transition either. Finally, none of the ACT tasks or calendar items made it to Outlook. I did use the two way option when adding Outlook activities. I presume there is something I'm not doing right. The process partially worked once, but now I'm stymied.
Your help is greatly appreciated.