Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronizing Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Synchronizing Database

My supervisor and I both have ACT on our desktops, Windows 7 OS.  My supervisor's desktop is considered the "mother ship".  When we synchronize the database, my updates and new records are loaded on to her desktop.

I recently had a problem where the size of the one of the fields was changed incorrectly.  I am still trying to get the field back to its original size.  If we synchronize at this point, will the synchronization change the size of the job history field on my supervisor's desktop?  Will the synchronization restore the properties on my desktop?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reggie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronizing Database

[ Edited ]

Hello Reggie,
All field and layout changes need to be done in the main database. These changes will then need to be synced to the remotes.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reggie
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

Hello Reggie,
All field and layout changes need to be done in the main database. These changes will then need to be synced to the remotes.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

My supervisor asked me to just double check.  When we run the synchronization, the job history field on my remote desktop will revert to the field size on my supervisor's main desktop?  Thanks for your help.

If you made the changes to the layout on your remote and no changes were made on the main database, then your changes will sync to the main database. While you have the ability to modify layouts on a remote database, it is advised that these changes be done on the main database. You do not have the ability to modify field properties (Tools > Define Fields) on a remote database.

Greig Hollister