Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronize ACT! with Outlook Public Folder

Synchronize ACT! with Outlook Public Folder

...so I know I had researched this a while back, and ultimately was instructed by an ACT! support representative that upgrading to the new version of ACT! (from my 2007 version) was the best option because 2009 (11.0 at the time) had new functionality which would allow me to setup an Oultook Public Folder to sync the ACT! Contacts to.  This was explained to me as a new feature in ACT! 11.0, which also included some other integration with Oultook, which had never been available.

Now that I've got this installed, after browsing through the menu's, help topics, online resources, etc, I cannot see any evidence of how to do this.  In fact, I still see DoubleLook referenced as a means to accomplish this.  Can someone help clear this up for me?

I would be really upset to find that ACT! 11.0 (currently updated to 11.1) in fact does not support this, and I would have to spend yet another $100 for DoubleLook in order to get this done.  This $100 on top of the completely wasted $170 for the upgrade from 2007.  Someone please tell me the rep I spoke to did not make me waste $170.

Sorry for the frustration, and I really would greatly appreciate any and all help anyone can provide on this subject.

I'm not looking for active synchronization either.  I just want to allow the single user of ACT! to synch his database into the Outlook public folder setup exclusively for the ACT contacts in order to make the contacts available to the rest of the authorized user community in the office.

Copper Contributor

Re: Synchronize ACT! with Outlook Public Folder

While ACT! 2009 does have better integration with Outlook as compared to ACT! 2007, the DoubleLook software package would have worked with your ACT! 2007 set up.  DoubleLook supports ACT! 4.0 and higher (that goes way back!).

From your notes, it looks like you're looking to do a one-time sync from ACT to Outlook.  While I'm not sure how ACT! can be set up to do this, you can download a free 14-day evaluation version of DoubleLook and do this.  Since you're just looking to do this once (I'm assuming this from your notes), you wouldn't need to buy DoubleLook.

clink -->  Wow, thanks for that fast reply.  Thanks for the info on the 14-day trial.  I'm actually downloading and installing that as I type this reply.  That will at least get me over my immediate need to make it available immediately.

However, while I'm not looking to have this running on a near-real time basis, I would like to enable the main user the ability to sync on demand as he makes substantial updates to the contacts db. 

I honestly don't know how I missed this DoubleLook software prior to the upgrade, and it's frustrating to say the least.  There was a software "123 Synchronizer" that was suggested to me prior to the ugprade, and that software turned out to be a junkpile as it failed on installation the first two attempts. 

I would really love to hear from someone at ACT/Sage as to just how much of what I was promised or sold, by the rep a few months back, is actually factual information.

Thanks again for that info on the trial of DoubleLook as I'm sure it will save me for at least the next 14 days.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
One clarificaiton: DoubleLook is real-time (always-on) sync between ACT! and Outlook.  If you're looking to selectively sync (on your schedule; when you doubleclick and icon on your desktop), download CompanionLink Pro instead.  It allows you to choose when to sync.
Message Edited by clink on 04-21-2009 02:06 PM