Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization - out of memory - SYNCLOG.xml

Synchronization - out of memory - SYNCLOG.xml

Trying to solve this:

Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown..." When Synchronizing your ACT! by Sage Remote Database

I have run this .bat: SQL2008R2_Express_BackupFix.bat

as suggested here: http://www.techyv.com/questions/synchronization-has-failed-sage-act-2012

I have reduced the buffer size (to 310720)

as suggested here:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23526

actdiag does not consistently show large amounts of data to sync.

Reducing the buffer seems to have 'momentary' succes; ie, "I can't sync!" ... I reduce the buffer and then they can--but then there will be a problem with another remote db.  (Sometimes it works fine)

I rebuilt the sync objects through actdiag

The Sync Log in the server Synchronization Panel has only 1 line:  Synchronization failed due to an out of memory error on the server...no other history is in the log.

Assuming that Sync Log within ACT is displaying from SYNCLOG.xml, SYNCLOG.xml has a date stamp of 2 weeks ago.

I'm flailing around here.  I want to reset my sync log which looks 'corrupt'  and broken to me...and I REALLY want to fix this Out of Memory sync error.

Can anyone help?

Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Server is Windows 2003 Server

Clients are XP and Win 7

12 remote databases

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization - out of memory - SYNCLOG.xml

Re: Synchronization - out of memory - SYNCLOG.xml

Thank you for the pointer -- per my orig post, "been there" -- results were that I eventually lowered  the buffersize to 310720 ... had a sync fail not too long after.  Number of pending files is low and that concerns me because before my upgrade I could change records in pretty large batches with the only detriment being more time to sync--now I'm worried about a crash 'n burn if I or somebody else makes changes across a large lookup. 

I'd be a bit more optimistic about that last buffer change if my server sync log wasn't 'broken".   Do you have any ideas on how I can jumpstart the log acitivity again?