Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description:

Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description:

Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Setuser failed because of one of the following reasons: the database principal 'dbo' does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access, this type of database principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission. Contact your administrator for assistance.

I am receiving the above message as I try to sync with our master database, which was recenly move to a new computer.  ACT help suggests database maintenance, detaching and reataching database.  I have tried all these but nothing works.  Any other ideas?  Id it possible something was done wrong with the master database move to a new computer?

Thanks

Larry

Silver Contributor

Re: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description:

There are several steps involved in the move and any one of them could have caused this.  Before I threw in the towel, please consider reaching out to a ACT consultant. 

Here is a Knowledge Base Article which references the error you mentioned. 

Error: "Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Setuser failed because of one of the f...

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Elite Contributor

Have you tried Opening the Main Database (not the remote trying to sync) go into Help/About ACT! then clicking on Database Information? Close out of that and then retry the sync.

If you detached and reatthached - did you also delete the databasename.pad file, then open the database via the .alf file?  This recreates the .pad file (which is just a pointer to the database file)?

Finally - if the server name changed where your main database is located then make sure you've made the change on the syncing database in the sync panel (manage main database location).

Kris Lock 

IT Manager

Technology Transfer Services

(813) 908-1100 x231

(603)767-3693 (m)

www.techtransfer.com

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Copper Contributor

I came here to find a solution to the same problem.  I was doubtful it could be as easy as going into the Help->About ACT!, clicking on database information, and closing out.  But it worked!  Thanks Klock!