Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization failed. Server Error: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager...statuses. Not enough status sent

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Synchronization failed. Server Error: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager...statuses. Not enough status sent

Hi,

We're getting the following message when sync'ing Act on the subscriber database.

Anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this?

We're hoping not to create a new remote database because my colleague has done some work on the mean time, so the main database does not have a record of that recent work.

[ Error | 19/08/10 17:29:09 ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Not enough status sent

======== SYNC SESSION - 19/08/10 17:21:24 ========

[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:24 ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:25 ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:31 ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: NORTH_SQUARE_DATABASE
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:42 ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:42 ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:21:48 ]Message: Client initialized database send session: 129
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:22:16 ]Message: Client initialized.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:22:16 ]Message: Client schema synchronized.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:22:33 ]Message: Server initialized.
[ Info | 19/08/10 17:22:34 ]Message: Server schema synchronized.
[ Error | 19/08/10 17:29:09 ]Message: File synchronization failed.
[ Error | 19/08/10 17:29:09 ]Message: Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Not enough status sent

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author drmiller
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization failed. Server Error: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager...statuses. Not enough status sent

David,

I certainly understand your frustration. This does not appear to a program issue since the Demo database syncs without issue. So it would appear to be something about your main database. As I indicated in an earlier response, this error is often permissons related. This may be a little extreme, but try this:

- On the root hard drive of the machine hosting the main database, create a new directory for your database (i.e., C:\ACT Data).

- For this directory, grant full permissionsto Everyone and for the security grant Full Control to the Everyone group.

- Move your main database into this directory and ensure that is shared. See KB Article 19818 for instructions.

- Create new remote databases from the newly-located main database and start syncing

Another possibility is connection issues with Hamachi. When the users are connected, make sure the connection status is green (fully connected), not blue (partially connected) on both ends. You would need to contact Hamachi to troubleshoot any issues with this.

Also, have you spoken on the phone with Sage ACT! UK Support regarding this issue?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Synchronization failed. Server Error: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager...statuses. Not enough status sent

See ACT KB 14216

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Super Contributor

I had seen that KB article but it is not the same issue as we're having.  Our error message ends with:
"Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Not enough status sent"

That article covers:

"Agent Facade failed to get message to remote. SyncFactory failed to get file operations."

Thanks anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Copper Super Contributor

We tried re-installing Act but that didn't resolve it.

We created a new remote database in the end.

Perhaps this is an error relating to database corruption.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Uh oh, its re-surfaced.

I've upgraded my colleagues PC from XP to Windows 7 and we've all upgraded from Act 2008 to Act 2011.

A remote database was sent and the same error has cropped up with more detail this time (see below).

I have no idea if this is relevant but this database was originally created in Act 2004 (I think), then converted to Act 2006, then 2008 and now 2011.

There is only one match for "agent facade" in the knowledgebase and it does not relate directly to this error message.

I'm absolutely desperate for help.  If anyone from Sage is reading this and can get in touch with the developers, I would really appreciate it.

*Edit: I found 2 threads discussing the same error message, but neither present a solution:

Network Synch over the internet and Vista remote Act Premium 2009

2008 Prem v10 - remote sync - not enough status sent

Hello David,

In regards to this issue, what sync method are you using? Network Sync via LAN, Network Sync via Internet, or Internet Sync? This error usually implies a permissions issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks very much for reply.

• We are using Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.
  • We are both use Administrator accounts in Windows 7, both 64bit versions.  I use Professional version and my colleague uses Home Premium version.
  • We use LogMeIn Hamachi to connect and sync.

Have you tried lowering the settings for or disabling User Account Control (UAC)? Instructions for this are KB Article 25665.

Greig Hollister

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for replying.  User account control is off on both our PCs.

I've also set to run Act as an Administrator, but still no joy.

It's very odd, we had the same issue a couple of months back when she was using Windows XP.

I'd really appreciate any more ideas - my telemarketer is unable to do any work whilst the issue exists.

Copper Super Contributor

I'm not sure if I have resolved this permanently or not.  Here's what I've done:

• I created a new remote database for my laptop from our company database.  I made database changes at both ends and was able to sync.
  • I created a remote database from the demo database and sent it to my colleague's problem PC (i.e. the PC this thread is about).  Sync completed without any issues.  I made changes at both ends (including new fields, new layouts, new opportunities etc) and once again, sync completed.
  • Then, bizarrely, I opened the company database on my colleague's problem PC, started a sync, it locked due to database changes and it completed!  Not what I was expecting.  I tried sync'ing again straight away and it locked the database for the 2nd sync.  That didn't make sense because I thought locking only happens when the main database has changed? Anyway, it completed a second time.

I'll update this in a few days' time if I have worked this out. 

Or if anyone else has got any suggestions as to why this error occurs, please do reply.