Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization Failures

Synchronization Failures

I've been synch'ing fine with ACT! 2008 for over a month.  Now I'm getting an error message when I attempt to synch that says: ".RDB has already been unpacked and synced at least once.  Please recreate remote database or restore a backed up copy.  Contact your admin for assistance."  This is the same remote data base that I've been synch'ing with for weeks.  Any ideas (ACT! 2008).
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization Failures

This error can occur if the versions of the main and remote databases are not the same or the same .RDB file was used to create more than one remote database.

Please see the following Knowledgebase Article for an explanation and possible solution for this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Synchronization Failures

I encountered this issue with one of my users.  The situation didn't fit any of the scenarios as described in article 16800.  I wasn't able to receive the proper support in time to report this new bug in 2009 and had to resort to Recreating the RDB.  All of the entries between the last successful sync and the new database had to be reentered.  Luckily that task didn't take long.

This particular user did have an older ACT 2005 database on her computer that she opened and updated, but it doesn't seem likely that changes to that database would affect the core ACT7 database schema data.  I include this only as a possibility since it seems to be the only difference between this user and others. 

So, ufnfortunately, there is still an undocumented cause for this error to occur.  Hopefully other ACT admins can chime in if they experience this.