Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization Failed

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Synchronization Failed

I had not synched my ACT Databaes for abut 35 days. I have now tried twice to synch and I get the following error:

Message: Synchronization has failed. Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'.
Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 8 due to error 2601. Check the errorlog for more information.

I get all the way to Check for Errors and then is says "Canceled".

Does anyone have any insite on this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Synchronization Failed

Hello Cprguy,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for addressing this issue: KB Article 28141

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Cprguy,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article with instructions for addressing this issue: KB Article 28141

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I don't know what the SQL Server 2008 is to know if I am using the Standard or Express version. What is the SQL Server 2008?

Ah.. that would certainly help to know. Sage ACT! uses the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 program to run the database; most likely you are running the Express version.

You can determine the version of SQL installed by:
- click on Windows Start
- If XP > click Run
- If Vista/Windows 7 > use Search field
- Enter 'actdiag' and press Enter key

You'll get a disclaimer (OK), then the ActDiag utility will display - on the main screen look at 'Server Edition'.

Greg Martin
Sage

That worked perfectly. THANK YOU!!

Hello,

I just noticed that a couple of contacts that have been in the database for close to 15 years are nowhere to be found. I'm wondering if something might have happened when I did what I did to synchronize the databases. I'm very nervous that there are other contacts that were deleted as well somehow. I never deleted any contacts so I'm not sure what happened. Is there possibly a back up database somewhere that I could check to see if those contacts are still there?

Thank you,

Jim

I have been trying to fix this same sync error for 45 days.  This article does not seem to exist anymore.  I have updated all of my ACT 2012 pro machines.  I have one with the database and 2 remotes.  One work and one I get this error message on.  On the one that does not work I have Windows 8.  Act work at first when I loaded it but stopped syncing at some point.

Dennis

Platinum Elite Contributor

You're posting in an very old thread. The KB won't be found as that link is to Sage. Try searching the ACT.com KB for the KB number. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

How does that search work?  There is no search bar.  I got lost in the maze.  I search on some other act site where there were areticles but  KB Article 28141 was not found.

Silver Super Contributor

This is the link to the new KB article

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!