Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\User\ACT\ACT For Window

Copper Contributor

Synchronization: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\User\ACT\ACT For Window

[ Edited ]

I am trying to create my first remote database.  I get an error on the Remote Database Creation that starts with:

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\User\ACT\ACT For Window

This is the beginning of the path to my main database. (It's possible it knows the full path and just can't fit it in the status column)  What is the problem here?

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Synchronization: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\User\ACT\ACT For Window

Hi, I've just had the same issue...

<code>Could not find a part of the path "C:\Users\[username snipped]\Documents\ACT\ACT For Windows"</code>

This path does NOT exist on this machine.

We attempt to create a new database, the progress bar progress to "creating objects" then throws this error and no .RDB file is created.

Any ideas?

Copper Contributor

Re: Synchronization: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\User\ACT\ACT For Window

I think I had that problem too.  I just put double quotes around the path "path" and tried it again.

Copper Super Contributor

I just created that directory ACT\ACT For Windows\, and that enabled the creation of a remote database.

Bronze Super Contributor

We found that by recreating the path it was asking for fixed this problem. After doing that the remote database created without error.

Ben.