Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronization Contacts Only Inserting My Contact Name

Synchronization Contacts Only Inserting My Contact Name

When I do a synch from my phone my name is all that appears in all the contact names. It doesn't affect my database. But if I do a DOH everything's fine. I feel somethings amiss in setting it up. What am I doing wrong?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronization Contacts Only Inserting My Contact Name

What version of ACT! are you using?

Is your phone using a Windows O/S or Palm O/S?

Which software are you using to sync ACT! and your phone (ACT! Link for Palm, ACT! Link for Pocket PC, ACT! for Palm, other..)?

Does this only happen going from the phone to ACT!, or the other way around as well?

Any error messages in the sync log?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Synchronization Contacts Only Inserting My Contact Name

Thanks for gettig back to me on this. I am using ACT 2006 Premium for Real Estate v. 8.0.2.82. Runing Windows XP and my phone is using Palm O/S. Synching software is ACT for Palm. If I do a Desktop Overwrites Handheld (DOH), everything is fine. The problem with doing that all the time is there is no way to move my daily accomplishments or modifications back into the desktop. If I do a synch or HOD my name, "Brad Bigelow" appears in every contact name but it doesn't affect the main database on the desktop. No other errors.