Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronisation issues

Synchronisation issues

I am running ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1, English (Australia) on my notebook and synchronising via Microsoft Activesync to an HP iPAQ using ActLink for pocket PC.

I keep getting duplicate contacts being created in my main database! I have spent many hours removing them and seem to have got most of them when today I find masses have returned [1041 out of 3997]! Not happy!

The most recent change I have done was to add more contacts to the database on the notebook, and then chose the sync action to "Make ACT! contacts overwrite the Pocket PC in the next sync: Select this option to have ACT! contact data overwrite your Pocket Outlook Contacts". I thought this would update the iPAQ to include the new contacts.

What is wrong with my sync sets, actions or settings in general than I keep geting these duplicates? How do I stop it happening again? Anyone had similar issues?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synchronisation issues

I've seen this happen with Windows ActiveSync doesn't properly recognise the device. It's quite common with Windows Mobile devices syncing with any product

This is why I always recommend Handheld Contact as it doesn't use ActiveSync to link to the device - it sync's wirelessly using it's own technology