Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synchronisation between Regions

Copper Contributor

Synchronisation between Regions

Hey all

Can I assume that you still cannot synchronise databases that have different Act! Versions i.e; French to English irrespective of the Windows language version??

Michael Bryant

Act Today

Re: Synchronisation between Regions

[ Edited ]

Hi Michael,

I am not aware of any issue syncing between different region versions of Act, As long as their Schema version (IE: Pro / Premium V19.1) matches then it should allow syncing. I cannot comment when creating quote if the difference in default currency could cause a potential problem, as this would be set by the main database and not the Remote.

Bronze Elite Contributor

All syncing database have to be cut from the Master database so whatever version is created as the master will also be in the remote DBs including currency etc. You can create different layouts with the local language showing in the labels but the actual field names will all be as per the original when doing a lookup etc.

It does not matter if the actual installations of the clients are regional but this gets very confusing when managing updates etc so using the same regional installation in all regions is best practice.

I have got an ACT installation of ACT V16 used over 30 Countries and see it with various languages in the data fields but managing this on an international level becomes vey difficult and not one I would recommend. 

Hope this helps. 

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response, appreciated