Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Synch between remote and main database takes FOREVER - then doesn't work!!

Synch between remote and main database takes FOREVER - then doesn't work!!

Can anyone provide me with suggestions on how to fix this? I've called ACT 3 or 4 times now and this has not been resolved. The synch takes forever and it isn't even successful. I keep getting the following message: "Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Agent Facade failed to apply changes. Status Manager failed to apply statuses. Status are not in sync with the source packets. Contact your administrator for assistance." I'm using ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367. The remote computer has windows XP and the main computer has Vista.

Thanks

Barbara

blipsche@holisticguidance.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Synch between remote and main database takes FOREVER - then doesn't work!!

Hello Barbara,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. The first thing I would advise to update you version of ACT! 2009 to the latest build. This would be 11.1 with Hot Fix 4. You can download the update and hot fix from our download site at http://act.com/support/updates. The site requires a login, so you may need to create a quick profile. You will want to apply the 11.1 update first, then apply Hot Fix 4. This must be done for all machines that have ACT! 2009 installed, starting with the machine hosting the main (Publisher) database.

The other thing is to check the sync logs on the server to get more information about the error. In the Publisher database on your server, go to Tools/Synchronization Panel, then click View Sync Log on the left. Locate the log entry for the last failed sync. If you could copy and paste that error into a reply to this post, I will be happy to take a look at it.

One more thing, can you verify that that system time on the server and on the remote are in sync (accounting for any time zone difference)? This may cause an error if the timestamps on the sync packets are not matching.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.