Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

I have Act Pro 2011 V. 130.401. Windows 10. Outlook 2016. In the Act preferences window in the E-mail & Outlook tab the "Outlook Synchronization Preferences" is greyed (ghosted) therefore I am unable to set it up. What can I do to activate this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mksteeves
‎10-26-2016 06:21 PM
Administrator

Re: Sync with Outlook Calendar does not work

Hi mksteeves,
To upgrade Act from an older version to the latest version, a licence for the latest version must be purchased. Our sales team would be able to give you more details on what options are available to you for purchasing this licence.

When it comes to 64/32 bit Windows configurations, Act, will run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit Windows installation. This does not cause any compatibility issues.
It's worth noting that Act v18 and earlier is not compatible with Microsoft office 64 bit. The 32 bit version should be installed if you wish to integrate Office and Act.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi mksteeves,

Your version of Act is not compatible with the version of Windows or Outlook that you have installed. You will need to upgrade your version of Act to gain this functionality.

For reference, here is the Compatibility Matrix that lists compatibility with different versions of Act! and Microsoft Office.

Thanks Gary.

I've read about upgrading to  version 18. Is this an upgrade I can purchase for my current version or are they talking about just buying the latest version of ACT Pro.

I also have a 64 bit OS. Am I correct in what I've read that only older versions switch from 64 bit to a 32 bit configuration? That there are not compatibility issues with the newest version and a 64 bit OS?

Solution
Accepted by topic author mksteeves
‎10-26-2016 06:21 PM
Administrator

Hi mksteeves,
To upgrade Act from an older version to the latest version, a licence for the latest version must be purchased. Our sales team would be able to give you more details on what options are available to you for purchasing this licence.

When it comes to 64/32 bit Windows configurations, Act, will run in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit Windows installation. This does not cause any compatibility issues.
It's worth noting that Act v18 and earlier is not compatible with Microsoft office 64 bit. The 32 bit version should be installed if you wish to integrate Office and Act.