Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sync two act 2010 databases + Swiftpage

Astute Commentator

Sync two act 2010 databases + Swiftpage

Hi all

The new act2010 integrates to swiftpage emailing which I would like to use.

Problem - I am afraid that if I put too many people on a mailing list it will slow down or simply overwhelm my day to day contact needs.
is there a way to lets say have 10,000 people as contacts list for email, but only "see" about 2500 or so for day to day use.
Or , should I use two act databases but then is there a way to sync them so I do not have to copy changes.
Once again, thanks to all

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Sync two act 2010 databases + Swiftpage

Act! can certainly handle 10k records (and many more!), so the limiting factor will be your PC.

Try importing them all into a copy of your database and see if it performs to your satisfaction.  If it does, then import them into the 'real' database (after backing up of course - or have your ACC do it for you).

Having multiple databases can be onerous - and you cannot sync between two databases on the same PC...

Astute Commentator

Thanks'

There will be only one database (although at today's prices multiple computers is not a big issue) 

Can you take a stab at the second part of the question  ?

If I start aggressively blogging, linking, harvesting and whatever else they call it I could wind up with a lot of email addresses.

However I also  use this database to day to and trying to find a person between who knows how many email addresses might be a pain.

SO

Is there a way to lets say have 10,000 people as contacts list for email, but only "see" about 2500 or so for day to day use.

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Is there a way to lets say have 10,000 people as contacts list for email, but only "see" about 2500 or so for day to day use.

Thanks

What do you mean by "see"?  Create a list of just 2500 people?  Sure, create a lookup or a group based on whatever your "filtering" criteria is - perhaps last email date or Last Edit date or something...

If you are looking to create 1->N email addresses (in other words you never know how many you will collect for a given person), the cleanest route is likely a custom table with an email field as part of the record...